I’d imagined us slowly walking past tanks of amazing sea creatures, taking it all in, soaking up the atmosphere and making gentle ‘ahhhhs’ and ‘wows’ as we marvelled at nature. Who Am I kidding? Like I am in charge of this family. Mr G and Miss L had other ideas.
They hurtled round so fast trying to fill in the quiz, glancing in tanks, shrieking and pointing excitedly. They found the most bizarre things interesting, choosing to spend 10 minutes looking at shrimp eggs and stroking starfish while completely blanking the sharks, giant crabs, rays and otters Mr A and I pointed out.
They took a quick breather in the 4D cinema, it was their first experience of 4D, so they found the jumping out images, blasts of air and bubbles in the environmental tale of two turtles utterly exhilarating. Then they were off again, pointing and exclaiming at tank after tank, hurtling through the maze until we reached the amazing tunnel bit where you can walk through sharks. Yep they pointed and exclaimed and ran through that too.
We sat and reflected on our whirlwind tour ‘by the kids’ at the end, while they admired their gold medals for completing the quiz. Mr A rightly pointed out that he would have run round like a whirlwind too when he was a kid, and he told me to go and have a quiet wander myself while they let off steam in the shop and soft play area.
Ladbrokes Casino sent a copy of Blue Planet for me and a lucky winner, so we can let the sea life unfold back at home at a much slower pace.
If you would like to win a Blue Planet DVD just leave a comment below and please subscribe to the Alexander Residence by reader, or by email:
Up to 3 extra entries for each of the following, but please remember to add an extra comment for each one you have done.
- Like Alexander Residence on facebook
- Follow @Aresidence on Twitter.
- Tweet something like: Win a Blue Planet DVD with @Aresidence http://wp.me/p2d61f-22I
- Four entries maximum per person
- Entrants need to use a separate comment for each entry
- The winners will be selected at random.
- The prizes will be supplied on behalf of Ladbrookes, not by Alexander Residence, and are non refundable and non exchangeable.
- Closing date Midday Friday 15th February
- Winner will be notified by email and have 7 days to respond, after which time a redraw will take place
- UK entries only
Listed with ThePrizeFinder – UK Competitions