It is World Heart Day this week and the message is simple, it is time to focus on looking after your heart, as so much heart disease can be easily prevented. So here are my pick of the items I heart at Wayfair, some tips on making sure your heart is healthy, and a little giveaway.
Isn’t this wall art heart set gorgeous? It would be great to use all year, as a visual reminder to love your heart, but maybe come in handy for Christmas decorations or gifts too? I have one set to giveaway.
Making sure your heart is healthy is definitely about exercise and diet. If like me, you are trying to inspire yourself to hit a fitness goal, then images can remind you why you are doing it, fill a frame with photos of what you love about life, and memos to yourself can encourage you, and let’s not forget rewards, I need treats when I manage to drag myself out running three times a week! I hit 6k yesterday for the first time since I ran 10k for Sport Relief in March, that deserves a treat. I love the lavender pillow, to help my aching mind and muscles unwind.
This year world heart day is all about keeping people’s hearts healthy wherever they live, work and play.
For many people reading this that’s work, so…
Some little tips to keep your heart healthy:
1. Take regular breaks to move around if you are desk bound, build a walk into your lunch hour, cycle to work, get off the bus a few stops earlier or park further away and walk. 30 minutes a day can help prevent heart attacks and strokes.
2. Keep active in your free time, or with friends and family, turn off the TV set and do something more active instead.
4. Eat lots of fresh fruit and veg, a variety of whole grain products, lean meat, fish, peas, beans, lentils, and foods low in saturated fats.
5. Quit smoking/ protect yourself from tobacco
6. Have blood pressure, cholesterol and glucose checked regularly.
For those who prefer their hearts red, some more offerings. I would love to make a healthy lentil and vegetable casserole in this stunning heart shaped cocette.
Win the wall art above (top photo) just follow the rafflecopter instructions.
Win competitions at ThePrizeFinder.com – See more at: http://www.theprizefinder.com/content/heart-shaped-wall-art-collection#sthash.a2rTqHUt.dpuf